peeking out of the mess I am buried under to say…
NEW YEAR RESOLUTION #1- Be a better friend to you all. And by that, I mean…be a better blogger.
See you REAL soon!
Love more. Live better. Create now.
Jessie asked me this morning, “mamma, how do you grow up?” and I simply stated, “you just live your life and before you know it, you’re grown up.”
It was a great question. Cause really you don’t think about how much you’ve grown until you realized how much you’ve grown up from the last time you thought about it.
And then it came. The feeling of being punched in the gut. The kind that makes you want to throw up and cry at the same time. You know it.
How do I have a child that is almost six years old? How am I on my last baby? How will two of them be in full time school next year? How will this be the last year I nurse a baby? Since when did my son start talking and running around with his sisters? How have I been married almost SEVEN years? How have I been graduated from high school almost TEN?
You don’t think about it-
Then you make a vow to never take a day with them for granted. You make yourself promise you will be more present in every moment.
And then…you just live your life.
Life passes by so fast, Lord,
The days, the months, the years,
Lord keep a smile upon my lips,
And blot away the tears.
Teach me to lean upon Your arm,
When pain and sickness strike,
To tell the facts from fancies,
That sometimes look alike.
Life passes by so fast, Lord,
And yet how kind You are,
In granting me the precious years,
That I have had so far.
So let the days grow shorter,
The darkest shadows part,
But put the wrinkles on my face,
…And never on my heart
By Grace E. Easley
Thanks for looking!
That the brightest they will ever shine is when they serve others?
That their faith can move mountains?
That they can change someone’s life with a simple smile?
That their self worth can never be taken away by anything another human being says?
That others will follow their example. So lead in righteousness.
That time will heal their wounds?
Will they know that they have awakened my very being? Changed my every thought and feeling of who I am. That they make me better every day of my life?
With everything I am, I will help them to know.
Thanks for looking!
Hey all! Happpppy Monday. Is that even possible to have a happy Monday?
I, personally, like ‘em.
Mondays are usually the days I kick my bum in gear and get the house together, get everyone ready before, oh say noon, and actually have a plan for dinner before…actual dinnertime.
They feel like a fresh start. A new beginning. A clean slate.
Plus, my husband is gone allll day at school on Mondays and for some reason when he is not at home, I turn into this domestic goddess. I don’t know why, but its true! When he is home, I turn into this person who is always sooo tired and overwhelmed. Maybe its cause he is SO helpful that I slack off or completely turn off…one of thoseBut not Mondays. Mondays I throw Jane in the sling, while vacuuming, making pb&j’s and curling my hair all at the same time- with a smile on my face.
Anyways. I am dropping off about 5 rolls of film today so I am so stoked to get those back and share with you…but before I go anywhere, I need to announce the 5 winners of the Blog Your ART Templates from the post before last.
1. Julie David Photography’s comment…I LOVE, yes absolutely LOVE photography. It can capture in an instant, what will soon be forgotten in a busy world. A photograph takes you right back to the memory of that instant, the smells and smiles, the warm sun or the cold rain. It lets you remember your life.
2. Maryanne Gobble Photography’s comment…Photos are how I write love letters to my spouse, how I highlight the handiwork of our creator to my kids. We hike, explore, push the limits, delight in details and it’s become this inclusive group experience. A few days ago we listened to the wind while the sun set and the bats came out from the trees. Everyone wanted to know why I came without the camera! My heart sang to realize photography is not longer a burden but a treasured part of my family’s life.
3. Oana Adriana’s comment…Photography is life at its greatest and at it’s worst. It’s not just about catching the beautiful images when a child is born, or of a couple getting married, or even a family shoot, it’s about all that and all the in between. Dads tears as he watches his little girl grow right before his eyes, the gap toothed grins of a one year old learning to walk, an eight year old showing off his first A proudly or learning to tie his shoes. Life is magic! Life is art! Art is photography and I love it so!! <3
4. Julie Gaylor's comment...Photography is special to me because it is the way I focus on the positives in my life. There have been so many challenges, and so many negative things in my life, including abuse and getting caught up in the wrong things… Photography is a way to freeze the beautiful, the amazing, the meaningful, and the highlights of life worth holding onto. Later, when I glimpse those things I am wrapped in God’s love once again and I remember how blessed I am to have held those moments. My art is a perfect picture of a feeling and an emotion…and I’m so thankful for you asking that question because I have not had to really answer before! Blessings, Julie.
5. Nicole from Bird on a Wire Photography's comment...Photography has not only become a creative outlet, or the one thing (besides all the important stuff) that alma and I have in common, it is about preservation. In that, when all is said & done in this life, very few things are kept and reminisced upon. But photographs literally stand the test of time. Having had some of my family pass, photographs are invaluable. Good photographs are priceless. There have been times in my life that were hard. But being able to look back at the memories in a palpable form (photos) is what it’s all about for me. I will cherish the pictures I have of my sweet boys in the NICU because of the life’s lessons that come along with them. Plus, they’re just great pictures.
Look for an email from me winners. And here is the link if you would like to purchase them anyways: HERE
THANK YOU TO ALL WHO COMMENTED! I loved hearing why photography is special to you. Thanks for the support, love and letting me find people who share the same passion.
Thanks for looking and letting me ramble to you!!
I can’t wait to play more with this type of light. It makes my heart sing. And so do these Polaroids! <3
Winners of the BLOG YOUR ART TEMPLATES will be announced Monday morning!!!
Thanks for looking! Happy Friday!