Also known as- the list of crap I wanna do before I am deader than a doornail, six feet under, bite the dust, croak…
Okay, “bucket list” sounds way less ummmm morbid and icky.
I was visiting this fab blog the other day and was inspired by her “Life List” (another more appropriate way to put it). I was able to meet Allison the other week while I assisted Yan on a commercial gig. Super hip, super cool chick!
So I decided it was high time I made my bucket list.
Here goes- 101 things I want to do before I well…”kick the bucket”. (in complete random order)
oh and… I left some spots open. I want to be able to add some things along the way. Once I accomplish an item, I will cross it off. Some items have links too. If it is underlined…link it up baby.
1. Conquer my fear of heights.
2. Take an art class and make something I am completely proud of.
3. Post a video of me singing on my blog.
5. Dance in the rain…in a bikini and not feel self conscious.
6. Wear my hair in dreads.
7. Sing on the streets for a day of some really cool city like Seattle or San Fran. Just for fun.
8. Audition and star in a musical.
10. Learn to sew. Not just hem or stitch, but really sew.
11. Have a gallery of my kids in my home. An actual gallery.
12. Submit a photograph of mine into a contest.
13. Learn more about my Native American heritage. (mamma says we are related to this Disney Princess- you can imagine how happy my girls are about this)
14. Continue my education in the arts.
15. See Coldplay in concert.
16. Learn to play an instrument by ear. Piano or guitar.
17. Get a blog that completely represents me. I want it to feel like home.
18. Learn to dance Contemporary.
19. Pay for a complete strangers meal without them ever knowing it was me.
20. See the cherry blossoms in Japan.
Give birth naturally. (August 7th, 2011 – Jane Anne Earl was born naturally and healthy)
23. Teach my kids how to do a front flip on the trampoline.
24. Take street photography with my Rolleiflex on the streets of a quaint European town in all black and white film.
25. Finally learn how a tennis match is scored.
26. See a glacier in person.
28. Not be afraid of being on a horse. (me. the last time I was on a horse…seriously, stop laughing
29. Swim in the ocean without being afraid I am going to get eaten by a shark. (seriously, it’s a problem and it’s this stupid show’s fault)
30. Make out with my husband in public. (ewwww, so gross)
31. Camp on the beach.
32. Adopt a pet from a shelter.
33. Go on a safari in Africa.
35. Have a full on library in my home with a big sliding ladder.
36. Take my kids to Disney World.
37. Have a gallery of my work.
39. Photograph my grandparents before they die.
40. Tell myself I am of worth in the mirror everyday.
41. Teach my children about their worth everyday.
43. Learn to say ‘no’ without feeling guilty.
44. When I am old and have grey hair, don’t get a short grandma ‘do. I wanna look exactly like THIS.
45. Own my dream home. (with no mortgage payment)
46. Convince my husband I am funnier than he is.
Audition for American Idol. Season three. Didn’t get past the first round.
49. Help someone else achieve an item on their bucket list.
50. Attend a world cup. (we LOVE soccer!)
52. Write in a journal everyday for a year.
53. Meet Adele in person and have her give me a one on one concert. (a girl can dream, right?)
54. Make money not working.
55. Learn to make my moms homemade rolls. (Promise you won’t laugh at my dreadful copyright and font on my moms rolls picture? Seriously, why would anyone steal that? And even if…who cares??? HA)
57. Document with photography someones struggle with cancer.
58. Tell my kids, I love them everyday I am alive.
59. Take a Salsa dance class with my husband.
60. See the play Wicked.
61. Be known for my photography of my kids. Maybe be the next Sally Mann (but no naked teen pics
63. Teach my kids about hard work and living debt free. (it’s a beautiful thing!)
64. Be an amazing baker. (cause right now…this is the story of my life)
65. Write a letter to someone who has changed my life, to thank them.
66. Have a rockin 50 year wedding anniversary party with Justin and our posterity.
67. Learn to drive stick shift.
68. Volunteer in a third world country with my family.
70. Visit the Concentration Camps in Germany.
71. Fly first class.
72. Have my family pictures taken by Tara Whitney.
73. Have a photoshoot done of myself after I have had all my kids and have gotten my body back. (to celebrate)
74. Learn how to “pop” (you know like the dancers on SYTYCD)
75. Compliment a stranger on their beauty.
77. Always live within our means and be happy and satisfied with it.
78. Get a passport.
79. Win something amazing in a raffle.
80. Take a self portrait every week for a year.
Complete a half marathon. 2010 baby!
83. Wake my kids up surprising them with a big trip.
84. Have abs again. Not just a flat tummy, the ones where you can count up to six.
86. Attend a rally for a cause I am passionate about.
87. Eat a NY hotdog.
88. Go on a cruise. (honestly, I have never been on one)
89. Go backpacking through Europe.
91. Go river rafting.
92. Go on a huge family trip when my husband graduates.
93. Become an early riser.
94. Be my kids hero.
96. Experience a sunset that I can honestly say is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.
97. Photograph a breast cancer survivor.
98. Write a letter to each of my children telling them what I want them to know about my life and the lessons I’ve learned.
99. Visit Ireland.
100. Sell a print of my work to a complete stranger.
101. Go to a live taping of The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
ps- I have never seen the movie The Bucket List…I can still do this, right?
Look out in the next day or so, cause I am gonna be able to cross one of these bad boys off and….well…ahh shucks it’s gonna be #3 or maybe #21!?!?!?!
Okay, what are you waiting for? Get going on yours! Link it too if you want!
Thanks for looking!